It’s really quite easy.
This is a recipe I’ve used for ages and it gives the lovely salty flavour of Feta with a hint of herbs, great for crumbling over all sorts of dishes or just on crackers with olive tapenade … very Mediterranean!
You will need a container (I use a loaf tin) and some tin foil (aluminum foil for those in USA)
- 198 gm extra firm Tofu – press out as much water as you possible can.
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
Put all the above ingredients into a food processor and whizz up until the mixture is the consistency you like (I like mine soft and smooth).
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
Refrigerate for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight) so it firms up. Keep it wrapped and refrigerated – lasts a wee while, but not sure quite how long because it doesn’t last long when I make it!!!