We’re all aware that information about what we consume and what’s in our food are everywhere. We read and hear about it every day. That’s actually not a bad thing because we become more conscious about our food in general and what’s in it.
Soy milk became extremely popular over the past few years because of the items it can replace and the health benefits it can provide.
But, there are recent studies that have proved just the contrary. It’s not as healthy as we all thought. It can even have a negative impact on your health and wellbeing, as well.
Regular soy milk contains filtered water, whole soybeans, cane sugar, sea salt, carrageenan, natural flavor, calcium carbonate, vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D2, Riboflavin (B2), Vitamin B12 etc.
Numerous different scientific studies and research have found that the food-grade carrageenan that can be found in soy milk can cause gastrointestinal inflammation, lesions and even colon cancer.
HERE ARE 10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD AVOID SOY MILK:
1. Soybeans contain large amount of anti-nutrients which are actually natural toxins. Only 2 glasses a day can change a woman’s menstrual cycle!
2. It automatically increases the need for vitamin B12 and vitamin D.
3. The structure of the soybeans contains haemagglutinin. This substance causes your red blood cells to clump.
4. Over 99% of the soy we buy is GMO! It is one of the highest contaminations by pesticides of any of our foods!
5. All the soy products contain high levels of phytic acid, which inhibits assimilation of calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, and zinc.
6. Soy products also contain great amounts of toxic aluminum, which has a devastating effect on the nervous system the kidneys and has been linked to the onset of Alzheimer’s disease.
7. Soy foods can cause B12 deficiency and they also contain a compound similar to B12, but the body doesn’t recognize it and it can’t actually be processed.
8. Very fragile soy proteins are exposed to high temperatures during processing so that they can make soy protein isolate and textured vegetable protein, which makes them dangerous for human digestion.
9. The isoflavones genistein and daidzein concentrated in soy can stimulate existing breast cancer growth showing risk in consuming soy products if a woman has breast cancer. (Written in the Annals of Pharmacotherapy 2001 Sep;35(9):118-21).
10. The plant estrogens that soy contains are called phytoestrogens. They can disrupt endocrine function and lead to infertility, as well as breast cancer in women!