Our colon is a very important part of a healthy and functioning body. It plays a big role in digestion, in immune system, and also in maintaining the water balance in our body.
The colon is a part of the large intestine extending from the cecum to the rectum. A unhealthy colon is holding the toxic waste longer than is good for you. It doesn’t move the waste along efficiently enough, so the toxic waste will be absorbed by the wall of the colon and into the bloodstream. A healthy colon, transits the food through our body in less than 24 hours. But with today’s modern eating habits (processed food with no enzymes, fibers and nutrients) the transit time slows up to 70 hours. This leads to toxic colon and accumulated waste up to 30 pounds.
Constipation is the most common sign of having a toxic colon. It occurs when waste materials move too slowly through the large bowel, thus leading to infrequent and/or painful elimination.
Toxic colon Symptoms:
- Digestive symptoms
- Joint pain, muscle pain
- Behavioral symptoms
- Constipation, bloating, diarrhea, gas, indigestion, stomach pain
- General health
- Depression, fatigue, anxiety, brain fog, mood swings, poor memory
- Immune system
- Weak immune system, recurrent vaginal or bladder infections, skin rashes
Bernard Jensen is one of the pioneers who used colon cleansing to better the life on one person. In his book, Tissue Cleansing Through Bowel Management, he gives an explanation of the importance of colon cleansing: “the heavy mucus covering in the colon start to thickens and becomes a host of purification. The blood capillaries to the colon begin to pick up the toxins, poisons and noxious debris as it leaks through the bowel wall, so all tissues and organs of the body are taking the toxic substances. This is the beginning of true autointoxication on a physical level. This buildup can have the consistency of truck tire rubber. It’s hard and black.”
The Easiest Homemade Colon Cleanser
In 1940 the alternative health practitioner, Stanley Burroughs developed the Master Cleanse (a cleaning program). In 1976, Burroughs presented his cleansing program to the world in a book called The Master Cleanser.
- 2 Tablespoons of organic lemon Juice (about 1/2 a Lemon)
- 1/10 Teaspoon Cayenne pepper powder
- Ten ounces of filtered water
- 2 Tablespoons of Organic grade B maple syrup (not the commercial maple flavored syrup you use on pancakes) – you can find it here here
Mix all ingredients together. Drink this 5 to 8 times per day for a minimum of 10 days.
You can also take some essential oils. They will support the detoxification process of the body, and increase the uptake of other nutrients and minerals to help your body re-balance. Therapeutic grade essential oils are really effective because their nutrients are willingly adapted on a cellular level.
- Juice from 1 organic Lemon
- 10 drops each Lemon and Peppermint essential oils, 2 drops On Guard blend
- Mix everything with 8 ounces of purified water
- You can drink daily over a period of time